Serzh Sargsyan highlights cooperation with UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan received the Executive Secretary of United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Dr. Shamshad Akhtar on February 10.
National Assembly Vice President, RPA spokesperson Eduard Sharmazanov did not comment on the rumors of the dismissal of the Minister of Education and Science of Armenia Armen Ashotyan. After the RPA Executive Body session Sharmazanov mentioned that Armen Ashotyan has already been interviewed and told everything, and he has nothing to add....
Head of Aras Free Zone Organization has expressed readiness to host joint investments of Iranian and Armenian private sectors. “Armenpress” reports, citing Iranian “MEHR” news agency, Mohsen Khadem Arab-Baghi, CEO of Aras Free Zone Organization, announced about this in a meeting with Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Armenia to Iran Artashes Tumanyan....
On February 11 President Serzh Sargsyan sent a congratulatory message to the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani and Supreme Leader of Iran Sayyed Ali Khamenei on the occasion of the 37th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. ...
Armenian President relieved Sergey Manasaryan from the post of Deputy Foreign Minister and appointed him Ambassador to ChinaArmenian President Serzh Sargsyan signed a decree on relieving Sergey Manasaryan from the post of Deputy Foreign Minister and appointing him ambassador to China, “Armenpress” was informed from the Department of Mass Media and Public Relations of the Armenian President’s office....
On February 10, the Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia Galust Sahakyan received Johannes Douma, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Armenia....
Political scientist Ara Papian predicts tension in Russian-Turkish relations. He is inclined to think that the conflict has more possibility to escalate than vice versa....
Military-technical cooperation agreement will be signed between the governments of Armenia and Greece. “Armenpress” reports the issue of the approval of the agreement is included in February 11 session of the Government of Armenia....
Sweden's Foreign Minister Margot Wallström paid tribute to Genocide victims in Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex. Accompanied by Deputy Director of Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute Suren Manukyan, Sweden’s Foreign Minister laid flowers at the eternal fame as well as placed a wreath at the Memorial, “Armenpress” reports....
Edward Nalbandian introduces efforts made by Armenia and Minsk Group for NK conflict settlement to Maja GojkovicForeign Minister of Armenia Edward Nalbandian met with the President of the National Assembly (Narodna skupština) of Serbia, Maja Gojkovic on February 8....
Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia Hovik Abrahamyan received President of the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists (AECR) Jan Zahradil. The PM highlighted the importance of cooperation between the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists and Armenian political parties. Referring to future development and strengthening of relations between Armenia and the EU, the PM mentioned that Armenia is ready to assist in issues of bilateral interest for Armenia and the EU. PM Abrahamyan also highlighted future deepening of relations between the National Assembly of Armenia and the European Parliament, adding that parliamentary cooperation is a good platform for discussing issues over deepening and expanding Armenia-EU relations....
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan received the Speaker of the National Assembly of Serbia, Maja Gojkovic on February 8. During the meeting a reference was made to inter-parliamentary ties which play a key role in inter-governmental relations. The sides mutually stressed the importance of developing cooperation between the legislatives of both countries, which, to the conviction of the interlocutors, stems from the traditionally friendly spirit of the peoples of Armenia and Serbia. In that context, promotion of parliamentary friendship groups was highlighted, which will also positively impact the cooperation in parliamentary assemblies....
Serzh Sargsyan: Armenia expects successful termination of negotiations on new legal framework documentPresident of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan received President of the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists (AECR) Jan Zahradil on February 8....
Head of EU Delegation to Armenia, Ambassador Piotr Świtalski had a working lunch with Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian and heads of diplomatic missions of EU member states. “Armenpress” was informed about this from the press service of EU delegation to Armenia....
Consumer prices in Armenia rose 2.2% in January 2016, compared with December 2015, the National Statistical Service reports. ...
- Names of Greco-Roman wrestlers going to the European Championship are known
- Mkhitaryan becomes Europe’s leader in assists
- Armenia wins 12th Olympic quota
- Aras Özbiliz not included in the list of newcomers to “Rayo Vallecano”
- Levon Aronian is 4th in FIDE rating
- Mihran Harutyunyan winner of “Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov” tournament
- Artur Aleksanyan wins the international tournament “Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov” for the third year in a row
- How the “David Beckham of chess” became an Armenian national hero: CNN refers to Levon Aronian
- Rayo Vallecano officially confirms Aras Özbiliz’s transfer
- Ararat FC signs contract with Sergei Avagimyan
- Persons, who attacked Turkish-Armenian family in Istanbul, are Armenia citizens: Turkish Media reports
- ANCA suggests Obama to increase financial aid to Armenia and Artsakh
- 3 persons arrested after attack on Turkish-Armenian family
- Aram I receives Ambassador of Armenia to Lebanon
- Aram I: Armenian claims will remain rhetorical if have no legal grounds
- Ruben Vardanyan elected as member of AGBU Central Board of Directors
- Armenian National Committee of America singled out pro-Armenian and anti-Armenian activities of US president candidates
- Bagrat Estukyan alerts about the problems within the Armenian community in Turkey
- Lebanon's Armenian community to have a full agenda this year
- Mary Papazian appointed as President of San Jose State University
- Armenian ambassador to Iran visits “Aras” free trade zone near border
- Serzh Sargsyan highlights cooperation with UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- Sharmazanov refers to rumors over Armen Ashotyan’s dismissal
- Serzh Sargsyan sent a congratulatory message on 37th anniversary of Islamic Revolution
- Russia's S-300 missile system ready to be delivered to Iran