There are still about two dozen people protesting against the increase in electricity tariffs on Freedom Square in the center of Yerevan, RIA Novosti reported.
Former Secretary of the National Security Council, Orinats Yerkir Party leader Artur Baghdasaryan has become a member of the Board of Directors of Russian MTS-Bank. ...
Prime Minister of Armenia Hovik Abrahamyan on Thursday will discuss in Moscow, and with his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev, cooperation along the lines of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). ...
The American national currency (USD) exchange rate against the Armenian dram (AMD) was AMD 473.45/$1 in Armenia on Monday; this is down by AMD 0.07 from the previous day. ...
At least 40-50 activists have been detained as a result of dispersal of the protest action against the increase in electricity tariffs in Armenia, Maxim Sargsyan, one of the leaders of the protestors told RIA Novosti. ...
It is undeniable that man should be at the core of constitutional relations: Armenia's President Serzh SargsyanThe President of the Republic of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan sent a congratulatory message on the 20th anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution. As Armenpress was informed from Public Relations and Information Department of the Office of the President, the message goes as follows: ...
In 2015 the Ararat Marz consumed over 23,000 tons of apricots, 550 tons of which were purchased by three local factories, 8,400 tons – by refrigerating farms and 14,000 tons was consumed in the internal market. The Head of the Department of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of the Administration Staff of the Ararat Regional Municipality Haikaz Terteryan told the Armenpress correspondent that the Artfood Artashat Cannery OJSC purchased 220 tons of apricots, the Aygavan branch of the Proshyan Brandy Factory bought 250 tons and Vedi Alco CJSC – 100 tons of apricots. Apricots are sold for 60 drams....
Last month, Armenia’s electricity monopoly, which is owned by a Russian conglomerate headed by one of Vladimir Putin’s cronies, was granted a big price increase by a government commission. Protesters took to the streets, chanting “no to plunder”; when they were attacked by riot police with water cannons, a much bigger crowd took over Yerevan’s main avenue. They are still there. Mostly young and leaderless, the demonstrators haven’t articulated a political agenda, and Western governments have kept their distance. The U.S. embassy in Yerevan limited itself to a tweet urging “peaceful restrained behavior.”...
The Special Investigation Service (SIS) of Armenia has stated that the police used violence against journalists and civilians protesting against rising electricity prices....
The aviation field of Armenia is in the stage of rearrangements. On the one hand, such air companies as Czech and Polish Airlines or “Etihad” are leaving the market; on the other hand, negotiations are made with new European and Asian air companies. Anna Chobanyan –expert in the field of aviation from the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Armenia- informed in an interview with Armenpress that many of the negotiations processes are already being substantivized. However she did not mention which companies or flights she meant. ...
A delegation of the Government of Armenia headed by Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan will be on a three-day official visit to France from July 3 through to July 5....
The Armenian government on Thursday has approved a draft agreement on writing off Nairit chemical plant’s debt to CIS Interstate Bank....
Armenian citizens struggling against energy price rise have stated that their demands haven’t been met so far and, consequently, the struggle is going on....
The police of the Republic of Armenia have made an official statement in regard to the protest on Baghramyan Avenue. As Armenpress was informed by the Public Relations and Information Department of the Police of the Republic of Armenia, the statement goes as follows:...
The Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Assembly of Armenia has examined the Agreement on Extending a State Export Credit to the Government of Armenia, signed on June 26, 2015, by and between the Government of Armenia and the Government of the Russian Federation. The agreement was introduced into the National Assembly of Armenia by Ara Nazaryan, the deputy minister of defense, sources from the Public Relations and Information Office of the National Assembly told Armenpress. ...
- Armenian athlete wins gold medal in South Korea
- Yura Movsisyan hopes to return to full training
- Armenia’s goalkeeper Berezovsky rejects reports on his retirement
- Aras Ozbiliz: I want to achieve much success with Spartak
- Gabriel Ghazarian congratulates sports journalists on professional holiday
- Arthur Abraham: The fourth fight will be our last
- Aronian occupies 10th position in FIDE rankings
- Armenia ranks 36th for number of medals at 1st European Games
- Levon Aronian loses again
- Levon Aronian finally wins in Stavanger tournament
- Charles Aznavour to perform concert in London’s Royal Albert Hall
- The Parish Council of the St. Jacob Armenian Apostolic Church of Switzerland was formed
- 500 Syrian-Armenians arrive in Armenia in recent months
- Kirk Kerkorian was a creator by nature. Prime Minister of Republic of Armenia
- Armenian Assembly of America sends condolences on passing of Kirk Kerkorian
- Kirk Kerkorian died in Los Angeles
- Tribute paid to Armenian socialists hanged in Istanbul during Armenian Genocide
- Turkey’s Majlis demands investigation against those in charge of bad condition of Saint Karapet Monastery of Mush
- Syrian authorities want to see prosperous Armenian community: Armenian MPs
- Talin Arsenian Elected President of Glendale Teachers Association
- It is undeniable that man should be at the core of constitutional relations: Armenia's President Serzh Sargsyan
- Russian base in Armenia harbors danger for Georgia, Defense Minister stated
- Over 40 activists detained in Yerevan
- Artur Baghdasaryan becomes member of the Board of MTS-Bank
- Turkey denies link with perpetrator in Kobani attack