Armenia's joining the Eurasian Customs Union will be clarified in October 2014, Mediamax reported Aug. 27, Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev said at a briefing following the meeting of the presidents of the Customs Union member-states in Minsk.
The head of Dzoragyugh community of Gegharkunik region Levik Grigoryan awarded an expensive TV set to the member of the Armenian tank crew, the Armenian army soldier, fellow villager Narek Sharoyan, whose crew was the second in the 2014 Tank Biathlon World Championship, held from August 4 to16 in Alabino, a town to the southwest of Moscow, Russia, with international tank crews from 12 countries competing in driving and shooting proficiency. After a glorious triumphant delight Narek Sharoyan is now in his native village, among his relatives, and enjoys his military vacation....
At this point, “Armenpress” cannot confirm the information about an Armenian citizen crossing the Azerbaijani border. There are no missing citizens in any of the Armenian villages adjacent to Tavush region. In a conversation with “Armenpress”, this was stated by the heads of the border villages....
The U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has expressed a desire to pay a visit to Armenia. The U.S. Embassy to the Republic of Armenia informed “Armenpress” that the details and program of the visit have not been clarified yet. Among other things, it was stated: “The U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has expressed a wish to visit Armenia, but no timeframes are available at the present moment.”...
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia Edward Nalbandian will leave for Ankara to attend the ceremony of inauguration of the newly elected President of Turkey, which is due to be held on August 28....
Armenia’s Ombudsman wrote letter to UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on Karen Petrosyan’s murder in Azerbaijani captivityHuman Rights Defender (Ombudsman) of the Republic of Armenia Karen Andreasyan has sent a letter to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the case of the Armenian citizen Karen Petrosyan taken captive in Azerbaijan and killed on the following day. ...
Yerevan has received an invitation to the Turkish president-elect Recep Tayyip Erdoğan's inauguration ceremony, Armenia’s president Serzh Sargsyan said as cited by his press office....
Armenia’s president Serzh Sargsyan said he will sign the constitutional reform concept this October, the presidential press office reported....
“Monte Melkonyan’s Cyber Army” Armenian hacker group broke 360 Turkish websites urging to recognize the Armenian Genocide. ...
The citizens of the Armenian SSR made a historical decision 24 years ago by choosing independence as the sole possible status and a steadfast way of the country’s future development. The Declaration of Independence of Armenia adopted by Armenian SSR Supreme Council on August 23 of 1990 was not just an expression of Armenian people’s dream to restore their country’s independent status, but also an attempt to give a legal form to the factual reality of reunion of its two parts – Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh. ...
Due to the restoration activities following the accident, the natural gas supply to Armenia via the North Caucasus-Transcaucasia highway gas pipeline has been restored from 11:00 o’clock of August 23. "Gazprom Armenia" CJSC informed “Armenpress” about this....
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan visited Byurakan campsite of the National Scout Movement of Armenia “HASK”. The President toured the territory of the campsite, got acquainted with the conditions and the daily life of the scouts. Serzh Sargsyan also attended the closing ceremony of the nationwide Jamboree....
The Minister of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Armenia Armen Yeritsyan highlights the opening of International Seismological Centre in Garni, which will be carried out this year. ...
The Armenian authorities are deeply concerned about the violence against the Iraqi Yezidis by extremists and share the indignation of Yezidis living in Armenia, the Foreign Ministry spokesman Tigran Balayan writes on his Twitter microblog....
Despite assurances of Armenian Justice Minister Hovhannes Manukyan that head of Armenian Justice Ministry’s Criminal Executive Department Hayk Harutyunyan has not been dismissed, he does not go to work for quite a long time and his deputy Rafik Hovhannisyan is replacing him, Zhamanak writes. ...
- Karen Khachanov - silver medalist at Nanjing games
- Chess player Samuel Sevian records unique success
- Armenian GM Hrant Melkumyan shares point in Riga
- Nanjing 2014: Simon Martirosyan - champion
- Armenian judoist will participate in Nanjing Youth Olympics
- Armenia’s chess team defeats Czech Republic
- Mkhitaryan pushes "Borussia" forward vs “Bavaria”
- Armenian Women’s National Team defeated Croatian team
- Armenian Women’s National Team lost to Russian team
- Armenia-Serbia match ended in a draw
- California Senate unanimously passes genocide education act
- Aznavour is worried about fate of Christians and other minorities of Middle East
- Armenians among casualties of California earthquake
- Initial combat training center construction starts in Akhalkalaki
- Levon Hayrapetyan felt bad during court hearing, hearing was adjourned
- Turkic groups fund questionable congressional trips to Azerbaijan
- ANCA launches #StopAliyev social media campaign
- National minority organization call on Australian FM to be more cautious with the wording on Armenian Genocide
- Hrachya Harutyunyan sentenced to 6 years and 9 months in prison
- Serj Tankian for international investigation of border incidents
- Hayk Kotanjian: On Flagrant Violation of the “Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”
- Selahattin Demirtas promises to recognize Armenian Genocide if elected Turkish President
- Sona Rubenyan will be the 10th on the first competition day of “New Wave"
- Sona Rubenyan and Mher receive 76 points on second day of "New wave" contest
- Armenian DM: Azeris tried to switch from sniper war to guerilla warfare but failed