Armenian Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan said at the government session today that Armenia ranks 87th in the Human Development Index (HDI) of the UN Development Program, i.e. the country’s position remains the same.
Azerbaijan constantly rejects measures aimed at building trust between the sides, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandyan said at the meeting with Special Representative of the EU in the South Caucasus Herbert Salber, Armenian Foreign Ministry said....
Former deputy justice minister of Armenia Yeghishe Kirakosyan has been appointed an advisor to the chairman of the Investigative Committee, according to ‘Zhamanak’. ...
Armenian National Assembly’s procurement plan for 2014 envisages expenses of 105.5 million drams on phone services of the staff, according to the parliament’s procurement plan posted on gnumner.am. ...
‘Haykakan Zhamanak’ writes that unknown persons committed an act of vandalism in Surb Khach Chapel in Ijevan. They broke and burned the church door and erased the words “Surb Khach” and the name of one of the sponsors that financed the chapel from the records about repair work done in the chapel. ...
Armenian President, Co-Founder of Luys Foundation Serzh Sargsyan received today the scholarship holders in the 2014-2015 academic year. The head of state gave them certificates about receving a scholarship of Luys Foundation. ...
Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan met with the head the Iranian city of Isfahan 5th District (Nor Jugha) Hamid Asarzadegan. ...
Edward Nalbandian highlighted deepening of Armenian-Canadian warm relations and close political dialogueOn July 29, Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian met with the Canadian Minister of Employment and Social Development and Minister for Multiculturalism, member of the House of Commons Jason Kenney....
Singer Sona Rubenyan, who represented Armenia in “New Wave ” international contest of young pop singers this year, returned to her homeland. Our delegate represented Armenia appropriately in the prestigious competition and brought with her love and sympathy of the audience and jury members....
In Oct 2014 Armenia will join the UN peacekeeping operation in Lebanon, Ambassador Zohrab Mnatsakanyan said during an open high-level debate on UN Peacekeeping: regional partnership and its evolution on Monday....
Ambassador of the United States to Armenia John Heffern believes that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict can be resolved only through peaceful talks....
The Armenian economy is fully controlled by oligarchs and will die eventually if nothing is changed, Armenian businessman Vahagn Hovnanyan told azatutyun.am. ...
The New Wave 2014 international song contest for young performers has wrapped up in the coastal resort city of Jūrmala, Latvia. Sona Rubenyan, who represented Armenia at the event, came in sixth from among sixteen contestants from thirteen countries. ...
Haykakan Zhamanak” writes that although the salaries of Armenian National Assembly deputies were raised on July 1 under the law on remuneration of labor of high-ranking officials, they continue to receive the same salaries, while higher salaries will be paid starting October. ...
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Armenia has undertaken creation and publication of "Encyclopedia of Armenian Music". ...
- FM Roman Oganisian takes 2nd prize at Saint-Affrique
- Levon Aronian to compete for Sinquefield Cup
- Armenian National Chess Teams getting prepared for Olympiad
- Gevorg Ghazaryan's Olympiacos defeats AC Milan 3-0
- GM Tigran Nalbandian wins in Dortmund
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan scores double in match against Heidenheim
- Levon Aronian to participate in Grand Slam
- Levon Aronian to participate in Grand Slam Masters Final
- Karen Grigoryan’s success
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan congratulates German National Team
- ANCA congratulates David Saperstein to serve as U.S. Ambassador-at-large for International Religious Freedom
- Divine liturgy served in Kessab on occasion of Vardavar holiday
- Levon Hayraptyan's health much worse
- Turkish media for the first time will present stories of 50 families - survivors of Armenian Genocide
- Russian prosecutor demands 7 years in prison for Armenian truck driver
- Prosecutor to demand punishment for Hrachya Harutyunyan
- Georgian- Armenian Diocese doubts that attack on Church of St. Etchmiadzin was household incident
- Levon Hayrapetyan's daughter to convey information about her father's health
- Armenians wounded in Aleppo's Suleimanie district
- Criminal case filed on assault on Armenian Church in Tbilisi
- Energy Week kicks off in Yerevan
- At President's proposal ways will be found to mitigate the impact of raised electricity tariffs on vulnerable families
- Armen Smbatyan is appointed adviser of Armenia's President on international cultural- humanitarian cooperation
- Cheater, who extorted money from Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople on Erdoğan's behalf, does attend hearings
- Sarkozy placed under formal investigation for corruption