Pope Francis delivered a speech on the occasion of his visit to Armenia during the liturgy delivered in the Mother See of Holy Etchmiatsin.
On June 26 President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan and First Lady Mrs. Rita Sargsyan attended the Divine Liturgy delivered by Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II and with Pope Francis’ prayerful participation in the Mother See’s Open Air Altar, the Presidential Administration informed “Armenpress”.
Divine Liturgy kicks off in Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin at the St. Trdat Open Air Altar offered by Catholicos of All Armenians Karekin II with the participation of Pope Francis. “Armenpress” reports pilgrims have arrived from various parts of the world to attend the liturgy....
The MFA of Armenia informs that by the invitation of the Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov will pay an official visit to Armenia on June 27-28....
First Deputy Defense Minister, representatives of Armenian Assembly of America discuss regional developmentsFirst Deputy Defense Minister of Armenia Davit Tonoyan on June 24 received Co-chair of the Board of Trustees Anthony Barsamian and the Regional Director of the Armenian Assembly of America Arpi Vardanyan, press service of the Defense Ministry informed “Armenpress”....
The meeting of His Holiness Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II and Pope Francis took place in the evening of June 24 in Mother See of Holy Etchmiatsin. The delegation of the Catholic Church, Bishops of the Armenian Church and Diocesan leaders from Armenia and the Diaspora were present at the meeting....
The Holy Mass delivered by Pope Francis is beginning in Gyumri’s Vardanants Square. His Holiness Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II, Catholicos-Patriarch Father Grigor Bishop Kaproyan of the Armenian Catholic Church and leader of the Armenian Catholics Rafayel Archbishop Minasyan will also take part in the mass....
President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan and First Lady Mrs. Rita Sargsyan visited the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial on June 25 with Pope Francis and Catholicos of All Armenians His Holiness Garegin II....
Pope Francis denounced what he called the ideologically twisted and planned “genocide” of Armenians by Ottoman-era Turks a century ago as he arrived in Yerevan, Armenia, on Friday for a symbolic weekend visit to mark the centenary of the massacre....
A Reception in honor of His Holiness Pope Francis took place on June 24 at the Presidential Palace attended by the authorities of Armenia, representatives of the Armenian society, and diplomatic corps accredited in Armenia....
Medz Yeghern was the first of the deplorable series of catastrophes of the past century- Pope FrancisPope Francis delivered a speech in a meeting with President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan, authorities, and diplomatic corps. “Armenpress” reports the full text of the speech....
The reception ceremony for His Holiness Pope Francis has kicked off at the Presidential Palace where He will meet with the Armenian authorities, representatives of the Armenian public, and members of the diplomatic corps accredited in Yerevan. As “Armenpress” was informed from the press service of Armenian President’s Office, prior to that, President Serzh Sargsyan and His Holiness Pope Francis had a private meeting at the Golden Hall of the Presidential Palace....
As part of anti-corruption strategy measures a novelty introduced into the police system will allow to follow the activities of the police officers in a more detailed manner, reducing corruption risks. “As “Armenpress” was informed from the official website of the Armenian Police, in the near future all the traffic police officers will have cameras installed on their uniforms....
In a few hours Pope Francis will arrive in Armenia. The spiritual leader of the Catholic world called pilgrimage his visit to Armenia. The slogan of the visit is entitled “Visit to the first Christian Nation”....
Armenia’s position on Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement remains the same. RPA spokesperson, National Assembly Vice President Eduard Sharmazanov told after the reporters after RPA Executive Body meeting. “We advocate exclusively peaceful conflict settlement based on Nagorno Karabakh’s people right to self-determination”, “Armenpress” reports Sharmazanov mentioning....
- Manchester United wraps up 40 million Euro deal for Mkhitaryan
- European Youth Wrestling Championship kicks off
- Weightlifting star Hripsime Khurshudyan banned over doping scandal
- Agent: Sin to abandon attempts of Mkhitaryan’s Man United move
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan wants move to Manchester United: agent
- 2 athletes to represent Armenia in Paralympic Games
- Super-Heavyweight boxer Gurgen Hovhannisyan to compete at European Championship Final
- Wladimir Klitschko attends Armenian boxers’ sparring
- Armenian boxers reach quarter finals in EUBC
- Iranian soccer club dismisses Armenian player to safeguard Azerbaijani unity
- Armenian community of Turkey protest outside Patriarchate of Istanbul
- Court postpones Levon Hayrapetyan’s appeal hearing
- Approx. 3,000 Armenians live in Jordan
- Archbishop Aram Ateshyan to visit Armenia
- President Sahakyan’s visit to Belgium will contribute to NKR recognition, says Peto Demirchyan, ANC Europe
- Anush Elbakyan won “Emmy” Award of the American National Academy of Television
- Erdogan’s rhetoric sparks outrage in Germany’s Turkish community – Anto Aznavurian
- “Agos” slams Ateshyan’s pro-Erdogan claims
- Carolyn Rafaelian Joins Forbes’ Richest Self-Made Women List
- “Zvartnots” College heavily damaged in Aleppo shelling
- First Deputy Defense Minister, representatives of Armenian Assembly of America discuss regional developments
- Pope Francis once again uses the term “Genocide” – reaction of Turkish media
- Catholicos Garegin II presents Holy Icon of Armenian Genocide Martyrs to Pope Francis
- Relative calm across Nagorno Karabakh contact line
- Iranian security forces clash with dissident group