Like many folk festivals that coincide with Christian feasts, Trndez is pagan in origin, but has merged with the feast of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple (in the Armenian Apostolic Church it is called the Coming of the Son of God into the Temple).
On February 12, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan introduced the new Director of NSS Georgi Kutoyan to the executive staff of the National Security Service under the Government of Armenia...
Within the framework of the plan of partnership and coordination of activities between the Defense Ministries of the two Armenian states the Defense Minister of Armenia, Seyran Ohanyan, accompanied by NKR Defense Minister Levon Mnataskanayn, visited a number of front line positions and got acquainted with the situation on the contact line of the opposing armies on Ferbruary 11. ...
Serzh Sargsyan: Nagorno Karabakh conflict will be resolved by free self-determination of Artsakh peopleArmenia’s position on the settlement of Artsakh conflict remains unchanged. Artsakh conflict will be resolved by free self-determination of Artsakh people. President Serzh Sargsyan told about this in a meeting with top officials of legislative, executive and judicial powers, as well as high ranking officials of territorial administration and local self-government bodies on February 12. ...
Armenia’s relations with Iran and Georgia continue developing in a friendly atmosphere. President Serzh Sargsyan told about this in a meeting with top officials of legislative, executive and judicial powers, as well as high ranking officials of territorial administration and local self-government bodies on February 12. “It is a fact that we have not encountered any problems here. We value the partnership with those countries and we will continue working with Tbilisi and Tehran in the same manner”, “Armenpress” reports. President Sargsyan mentioned....
The President of the Republic of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan hosted top officials of legislative, executive and judicial powers, as well as high ranking officials of territorial administration and local self-government bodies on February 12....
On February 12, within the framework of the Munich Security Conference Edward Nalbandian, Foreign Minister of Armenia, met Miroslav Lajčák, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic....
On February 12, Edward Nalbandian, Foreign Minister of Armenia, who is participating in the Munich Security Conference, had a meeting with Nasser Judeh, the Foreign Minister of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan....
President of the National Assembly of Nagorno Karabakh Republic Ashot Ghoulian received the President of the National Assembly of Armenia Galust Sahakyan on February 11....
First Deputy Defense Minister of Armenia David Tonoyan received Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United Kingdom to the Republic of Armenia Judith Farnworth on February 11. The results of the visit of the delegation led by the First Deputy Minister to the UK in January of this year, as well as the current process and prospects of bilateral defense cooperation were discussed at the meeting....
Serzh Sargsyan highlights cooperation with UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the PacificPresident of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan received the Executive Secretary of United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Dr. Shamshad Akhtar on February 10....
National Assembly Vice President, RPA spokesperson Eduard Sharmazanov did not comment on the rumors of the dismissal of the Minister of Education and Science of Armenia Armen Ashotyan. After the RPA Executive Body session Sharmazanov mentioned that Armen Ashotyan has already been interviewed and told everything, and he has nothing to add....
Head of Aras Free Zone Organization has expressed readiness to host joint investments of Iranian and Armenian private sectors. “Armenpress” reports, citing Iranian “MEHR” news agency, Mohsen Khadem Arab-Baghi, CEO of Aras Free Zone Organization, announced about this in a meeting with Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Armenia to Iran Artashes Tumanyan....
On February 11 President Serzh Sargsyan sent a congratulatory message to the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani and Supreme Leader of Iran Sayyed Ali Khamenei on the occasion of the 37th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution. ...
Armenian President relieved Sergey Manasaryan from the post of Deputy Foreign Minister and appointed him Ambassador to ChinaArmenian President Serzh Sargsyan signed a decree on relieving Sergey Manasaryan from the post of Deputy Foreign Minister and appointing him ambassador to China, “Armenpress” was informed from the Department of Mass Media and Public Relations of the Armenian President’s office....
- Aronian to compete with Giri in 1st round of the Candidates Tournament
- Names of Greco-Roman wrestlers going to the European Championship are known
- Mkhitaryan becomes Europe’s leader in assists
- Armenia wins 12th Olympic quota
- Aras Özbiliz not included in the list of newcomers to “Rayo Vallecano”
- Levon Aronian is 4th in FIDE rating
- Mihran Harutyunyan winner of “Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov” tournament
- Artur Aleksanyan wins the international tournament “Dan Kolov-Nikola Petrov” for the third year in a row
- How the “David Beckham of chess” became an Armenian national hero: CNN refers to Levon Aronian
- Rayo Vallecano officially confirms Aras Özbiliz’s transfer
- Persons, who attacked Turkish-Armenian family in Istanbul, are Armenia citizens: Turkish Media reports
- ANCA suggests Obama to increase financial aid to Armenia and Artsakh
- 3 persons arrested after attack on Turkish-Armenian family
- Aram I receives Ambassador of Armenia to Lebanon
- Aram I: Armenian claims will remain rhetorical if have no legal grounds
- Ruben Vardanyan elected as member of AGBU Central Board of Directors
- Armenian National Committee of America singled out pro-Armenian and anti-Armenian activities of US president candidates
- Bagrat Estukyan alerts about the problems within the Armenian community in Turkey
- Lebanon's Armenian community to have a full agenda this year
- Mary Papazian appointed as President of San Jose State University
- Serzh Sargsyan: Nagorno Karabakh conflict will be resolved by free self-determination of Artsakh people
- Giorgi Kvirikashvili thanks Federica Mogherini for her personal contribution to visa liberalization process
- Defense army punitive measures silence the rival
- Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway is our dream and we do everything to complete works until the end of the year – Turkish Transport Minister
- Seyran Ohanyan watches the situation on the contact line of opposing armies in Artsakh